A client looking for the cheapest might regard an accountant who is too timid, repressed, or un-confrontational to charge for their services (and so ends up offering ‘Free Unlimited Access’) as “good”; A twister of a client might regard an accountant who is too passive to stand up for himself, his ethics, or his morals (and so can easily be pushed into complicity) as rather ideal;
A megalomaniac empire-building client might regard an accountant who is a creep and a yes-man as being just the ticket;
Whereas for a small business a good accountant is one with a few miles on the clock who knows the ropes.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Lakers have nearly 30 years of experience. We will deal with the Revenue courteously but assertively. We will not knowing allow clients to do anything outside the law. Lakers ethos include:
- Someone you find easy to talk to.
- Responds promptly
- Communicates well
- Speaks in plain English, not jargon
- Cares about all clients no matter how small or large
- We have no hesitation in saying “No” if we can’t possibly deliver.
- We make sure that you have proper advice to stay on the right side of the law.
- We have Good general technical knowledge;
- We are proactive, organised and efficient. By proactive, we mean keeping on top of clients affairs for returns/accounts/tax being due long before deadlines,
- We turn around Accounts jobs within days, rather than weeks or months.
- We answer emails virtually immediately (during office hours).
- We aim to ensure that no client is ever left in limbo, either waiting for their accounts, waiting for an email answer, wondering how much tax is due and when, wondering if their returns are all up to date.
- We deal with problems presented in a clear & concise manner – offer possible choices with possible outcomes
- WE DO NOT WAFFLE & CHARGE FOR THE SAME!
We have been trusted by clients for nearly 30 years – trusted to get the basic things right to give comfort to our clients that once things are passed to us they are in safe hands. We also understand how our client business operates and not just present him/her with a set of accounts and a bill, but offer a few extras as to how they can save/make extra money by some added advice which comes with experience. We also have to like people to do business with them so that works both ways – so I guess people like us also. We look after a few contractors and professionals who like the out of ours meetings which we don’t mind as they would lose money seeing us during day time .